ADIT style photos
Damian Rees
2004-03-01 20:16:02 UTC
Hi!!
This is my first time posting on here, as we have just applied for the I-130
immigration pack from the US embassy here in the UK. My main question is
this....is there anywhere in the southwest (wiltshire area) that does ADIT
style photo's, or is it pretty much all based in London??
Many thanks!

--
All the best
Damian
"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"
FlyergirlUK
2004-03-01 22:07:12 UTC
Any photographic studio-type place should be able to do it as long as
you have the specs there to show them, failing that you could, like I
did, get them done in a photo booth, cost me four quid I think and got
them right first time.
Evo

Hypertweeky
2004-03-01 23:32:02 UTC
Originally posted by Evo
Post by Evo
If I am going to the
interview, do I need to bring ADIT style photos??

What
consulate are you dealing with?
I dealt with Madrid (Spain), the
checklist said "Passport sized pictures", I brought them and the lady
who took all my paperwork said I needed different ones, luckily there
was a machine by the main entrance for that matter:):)
Call the embassy
and ask them, that will save you the hassle:)
Good Luck!!
FlyergirlUK
2004-03-01 23:46:02 UTC
The US Embassy in London is after regular passport-style piccies - two
for the interview and one for the medical.
lairdside
2004-03-02 04:00:03 UTC
Post by FlyergirlUK
Any photographic studio-
type place should be able to do it as long as you have the specs there
to show them, failing that you could, like I did, get them done in a
photo booth, cost me four quid I think and got them right first time.

I did my daughter's in a photo booth in the Post Office.

They turned out wonderfully!
silent-whispers
2004-03-02 00:01:47 UTC
Post by FlyergirlUK
The US Embassy in
London is after regular passport-style piccies - two for the interview
and one for the medical.

I emailed London about the photos,
here's their reply..
Post by FlyergirlUK
Color Photographs - The photographs must
have a white background and must be
Post by FlyergirlUK
glossy, unretouched, unmounted,
and identical. The dimension of facial image
Post by FlyergirlUK
should be about 1 inch
from chin to the top of the hair; the subject should
Post by FlyergirlUK
be shown in 3/4
frontal view showing the right side of face with the right
Post by FlyergirlUK
ear clearly
visible. No earrings should be worn. Immigrant Visa applicants
Post by FlyergirlUK
are
required to furnish four photographs, fiancé(e)visa applicants are
required to furnish three photographs; Kii visa applicants two
photographs
Post by FlyergirlUK
and V visa applicants one. Follow this link for a list of
photographers near
http://www.usembassy.org.uk//cons_web/visa/iv/localphoto.htm
Post by FlyergirlUK
Thank you for your email correspondence.
Consular
Information Unit
Post by FlyergirlUK
U.S. Embassy London
CONS/CIU/GMS
--
Silent Whispers

FlyergirlUK
2004-03-02 01:55:15 UTC
Originally posted by silent-whispers
Post by silent-whispers
I emailed London
about the photos, here's their reply..

I had my interview in
December, I'm sure things haven't changed that much, there was even a
piece of paper in packet 3 with specifics on it which I have in front of
me.

You have to remember that this particular piccie is for the visa
itself not for any bio specifics.
Caligirl4ever
2004-03-02 09:10:27 UTC
Originally posted by Damian Rees
Post by Damian Rees
--
All the best
Damian

Hi Damian,

My hubby and step-daughter went to
Tesco's photo booth. We preferred the photo booth at Tesco's than the
Post Office. Be sure you remove any earings and follow the directions
on the specifications listed on the US Embassy's website. Fortunately,
you can view your pose before pressing the print button in the booths.
Be sure to take the ADIT photo specs with you when you take your
picture.....You'll be okay.

Oh btw, I also am going the DCF route and
I started beg of Feb, my interview is on March 17th!!! Quick huh?

Some
advice to you to speed up the process if you decide to apply via DCF:

*
Have the UKC request their police record NOW by contacting your local
police department
*Make sure you have the long form birth
certificate..a short form is not acceptable
* When submitting the I-130
and G-325A review:(]http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130fi-
ling.htm[/url])
*After receipt of your proper birth certificate, police
clearance and any other documents needed go ahead and mail off the DS-
2001. The DS-2001 notifies the Immigrant Visa Unit that you are ready
for an interview. I suggest you make sure that you have all doc's
required before you mail this.

You have up to 6 mths to leave the UK
after receiving your I-551 visa stamp in your passport.

Much luck to
you both ;-)

Warmly,
Cali